About our P&C
The Neville Bonner Primary School Parents and Citizens Association (P&C) is a pivotal organisation in the engagement of parents and carers in the life of the school. The P&C acts both as a fundraising body and community-building organisation, with all members of the school community automatically members of the P&C, and encouraged to participate in events and activities. We also participate in forums and activities run by the ACT Council of Parents and Citizens Associations. Doing so helps to identify issues and ideas for improving public education and assists the Council to work with decision-makers on education policy in the ACT. You can find our Constitution and Annual Reports below (please note no annual report was developed for 2021).
Who are we?
2022 P&C Committee:
- President - Jayne Trustum
- Vice President - Kylie O'Keeffe Secretary - Craig Burtenshaw
- Treasurer - Sara Duck
- Public Officer - Jayne Trustum
- Executive Members - Stacey Naden, Carolin Buljan, Melissa Merton and Belinda Buttress
- ACT Council of P&C Associations Representatives - Jayne Trustum and Melissa Merton
- Early Learning Representative - Nichola Perry
- Scholastic Book Club Coordinators - Stacey Naden and Judi Burtenshaw
- Second Hand Uniform Shop Coordinators - Carolin Buljan and Fiona Hall
- Fundraising Activities Coordinator - Kylie O'Keefe
- Community and Events Coordinator - Kylie O'Keeffe
- Environmental and Sustainability Coordinator - Craig Burtenshaw
Our meetings are held in weeks 3 and 8 of each term, on Monday nights at 7pm in the staff lounge. More information will be provided in the school newsletter.
What do we do?
We operate the school canteen, second hand uniform shop, Scholastic Book Club and run fundraising events and activities throughout the year, including the Neville Bonner Primary School Book Fair, school disco, and sausage sizzles.
Our canteen is open for lunch five days a week, orders are via Flexischools website (https://flexischools.com.au/), the Flexischools App or cash/EFTPOS directly to the canteen. Any cancellations must be advised prior to 9am on the day. Our canteen menu has a great range of both hot and cold food and caters for a number of dietary requirements.
The canteen is also open for over-the-counter sales (Mon-Wed during Break One 11.15am to 11.45am, Thurs-Fri during Break Two 1.30pm to 2pm), where there will be freshly baked muffins and pikelets, popcorn, crackers, potato sticks, pretzels, fruit, yoghurt, juice, flavoured milk and more! Gluten-free and halal options will be available. Prices start from $1.
Our amazing canteen staff can also provide birthday cupcakes. The cost is $30 per class, email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to place an order. Orders are due a week in advance.
Second Hand Uniform Shop
Donations of good quality second-hand uniforms are always welcome and can be dropped off in the tub at the front office or directly to the school canteen. All money raised from the uniform shop goes to the P&C to help support our school. The uniform shop is currently open under the school hall on even school weeks from 8.45-9.45am and odd school weeks from 2.45-3.15pm. Preferred payment is via EFTPOS, however cash will be accepted.
Scholastic Book Club
Twice a term catalogues will be sent home to purchase books from Scholastic. You can order through the LOOP website at Book Club LOOP Login
20% of every sale is given to the P&C in ‘rewards’ that the school can use to purchase resources from the catalogues; these are used in classrooms and the school library.
Return-IT (10c cans and bottles)
We have registered with the Canberra Return-it scheme, you can donate to the P&C by using the QR code or phone number (0497233172)
The process is:
- Place your bags of cans or bottles into a semi-see-through bag (they need to see it's not general household rubbish), a normal kitchen tidy bag is okay.
- Enter the phone number (or scan QR code) at the return point, follow the remainder of the instructions and attach the printed sticker to the bag.
- Deposit the bag(s) into the hopper.
- The bag(s) will be collected by the Return-It/CDS group and counted at one of their facilities (during a quiet period of their day).
- A notice of deposit will be received by the P&C - Thank you!!!
There are two return points located close to school:
- Gungahlin - O'Brien Place (near the carwash, Gungahlin Vet and Goodyear tyres)
- Amaroo (near the school oval off Horsepark Drive)
The returns generated from the scheme will assist the P&C to support the school.
Stuck On You Labels